Community Conflict Resources
From: MJ Phillips (mjphillipspobox.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

One of the ‘hats’ I wear is that of being a student in the conflict resolution
program at UMass Boston. I’m really interested in conflict
resolution/prevention/management in residential communities (intentional,
cohousing,etc), but UMass doesn’t offer any courses on this topic. So I’m
working on a proposal for an independent study course. Especially those of you
who are facilitators, but also anyone who is living in community, I’d love to
know of any books, student theses or other research, web talks, training
manuals, or other resources you might recommend (related to conflict or
managing conflict in residential communities, however tangential it may seem).
I’d also be happy to hear from you or talk to anyone in person about topic
areas you think would be important to include, etc. (I’m hoping to base the
course around the online courses Laird Schaub is offering in the coming months,
but I need to supplement that material with other reading, sources, topics, and
thinkers/authors.) Feel free to respond here, or to use my email/phone below.

Thanks very much!

Sincerely,
Jaffy  (an aspiring community member)

Jaffy Phillips
mjphillips [at] pobox.com
781-899-3985 (It’s a landline, so texts won’t arrive)

(Sent from a Hard-Wired Computer - for our Health)