Deaf and Hard of Hearing Members
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 07:17:20 -0700 (PDT)
Judith Adler <judith_adler [at] hotmail.com>
after deleting quoted digest.

Hi:

At Cornerstone we don’t have any deaf members, but we do have
members who are quite hard of hearing. We have a system that had to be
set up for our monthly general meetings, requiring one member to come
early, and we all have to use the wireless microphones when we speak.
We use them like a talking stick. The hard of hearing people use
headphones. It hasn’t been a completely smooth transition, and
people forget at least once per meeting, or the speaker doesn’t know
if the mike is on or off (we forget what the yellow light means), or
the mike isn’t passed to the speaker, but we are improving and have
accepted this as a small sacrifice to allow for participation.

Judy Adler