Introductory message from a Colorado cohouser
From: Lizette Mill (lizettelizette.fc.hp.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 94 14:38 CST
My name is Lizette Mill, and I am a future resident of Greyrock Commons, a
cohousing community scheduled to be built in Fort Collins, Colorado, starting
in mid-1995.  I've been monitoring COHOUSING-L for a while, but only recently
got the breathing space to write an introduction of myself and of Greyrock :-).

Greyrock will consist of 30 attached homes on 16 acres in northwest Fort
Collins.  Buildings will be clustered in the southern 6 acres of the site,
leaving the northern 10 acres as open space, which will include a community
garden, a playing field and about 5 "wildlife-friendly" acres.  We are using a
townhome development model-- that is, privately owned houses and lots, and a
homeowners association that owns and maintains common property and buildings.
The homes will range in size from about 800 to about 2200 square feet.

We have 16 households signed up to date and are shooting to have 5 more signed
up by April.  We've already purchased our site (the last ten in October after
gaining the necessary county approvals).  We have already completed our site
plan and a conceptual common house design, and are currently completing home
design.  We passed the most crucial of the three county approvals in September
1994 and expect to sail through our final approval in February 1995.  We are
planning to begin building our first homes in June 1995.

As for me, I am the marketing and public relations chair for Greyrock.  I'm
hooked into the Internet via my work as a graphics software developer for
Hewlett-Packard here in Fort Collins.

If you have any questions about Greyrock, please feel free to contact me
(preferably via e-mail or at home, so that I can limit cohousing incursions :-)
into work time).  My e-mail address is "lizette [at] fc.hp.com", and my home
phone
number is 303-229-9945.  And, yes, I _do_ have Greyrock photographs, including
a recent shot of 26 future residents, and I can ship electronic versions via
e-mail.  I freely admit, however, that I am a Un*x hack, so I do things in
uuencode/uudecode, tar, shar and other archaic formats.  I do have access to a
PC and might be able to learn a few other packaging tricks, given some pointers
to packaging tools ;-) ...

Lizette

  =                    Lizette Mill - lizette [at] fc.hp.com                   =
  =               telnet 229-3411 - direct dial 303-229-3411              =
  = Hewlett-Packard, 3404 E Harmony Road, M/S 74, Fort Collins, CO  80525 =