Re: National Cohousing Contact: Cohomag ?
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 07:39 CST
I don't usually reply to my onw messages on the list :)
but I had a significant afterthought...

On Fri, 20 Jan 95 21:15 CST,
Fred H Olson WB0YQM  <fholson [at] maroon.tc.umn.edu> wrote:

(WRT the proposal that the Cohousing Company be publicized as and be the
national cohousing contact:)

>Sounds good to me,  Joani will you ask them when you get back to Calif?

[BTW Joani Blank of this list lives at Emeryville Cohousing.
Chuck Durrett and Katie McCamant of the Cohousing Company and who
wrote the book _Cohousing_ also live there.]

On reflection I think that it might be better to have Cohomag
-- the Cohousing Magazine (after finally resolve what their
name is going to be :) be the national contact.  Cohomag
seems to me to be closer to an all encompassing national entity where as
despite their key role, the Cohousing Company is one of a growing
number of cohousing consultants available for hire.  (Regretably,
I do get a little tiny "Have gun, will travel" conotation
with cohousing consultants.)  It would be unfair to other consultants
to give this potentially large publicity to one consultant.

In any case one of the things that we should make available is a list of
all known cohousing consultants.  Rob, want to maintain such a list
(if you don't already)?

Being a national contact would (hopefully) involve some work answering
and responding to many queries but would hopefully benefit Cohomag also.
(The same could be said of the Cohousing Company, therefore before
endorsing the original proposal we should ask other consultants like
the Cohousing Center in Boston if they would want to do it.)

Don and Bill (from Cohomag), what do you think?

Fred

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis, MN 55411 Sysop of COHOUSING-L listserv