My Bio
From: Linda Lamb (lambora.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 95 15:22 CDT
Name:       Linda Lamb
Birthdate:  12/28/49
Family:     Two children, almost ready to leave home (17 & 19)
Education:  Stanford University, cultural anthropology
            1 year law school (I decided I didn't want to be one)
E-Mail:     lamb [at] ora.com

Community:  Sebastopol Cohousing Group (We'll do another, more
            specific name once we have a site.)

Location:   small town in Sonoma County, north of San Francisco

Stage of Development: Planning stages.  We have been meeting for
            about a year; currently working on by-laws and financial
            statements.  We have spent the past year building
            community and educating ourselves.  Currently have 12
            households; we aim to have 20-24.  We're adding one or
            two households each time we have a potluck or public meeting.

What I do for money:  Editor for O'Reilly & Associates, publisher.
            Last book was Using Email Effectively; next book is
            the Computer User's Survival Guide (health risks and
            what to do about them).

What I do for fun:  being/walking outdoors (beach or forest);
            women's spirituality group, choir, church; reading
            (a predilection for SF, but most other things too);
            movies; crafts.

Favorite thing about community:  Finding ways to incorporate
            ideals into practical, everyday life.  (For example,
            our group plans on having a 4-bed board and care
            unit, since there are few choices for elderly people
            here.)

Worst thing about community:  I do get tired of the meetings,
            although we're breaking a number of things out into
            committees, now.

If I was in charge, I would:  have fewer humans and more trees.

--
Linda Lamb, lamb [at] ora.com
  • My Bio, (continued)