want to speak at Tucson conf?
From: Stephen Farley (sfarleyigc.apc.org)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 11:51:34 -0500
I was invited to post this call for speakers by a civic planner friend
who is also part of Tucson Cohousing.

He (Grant McCormick is helping to organize the 1995 conference for the
Arizona Planning Assoication, which takes place September 14-16 in Tucson.
On Thursday the 14th, from 2:30-3:45, there will be a session discussing
cohousing, and anyone who would like to speak (and get free admission to
the conference) should contact Grant at (520) 629-0922 (work) or
(520) 326-2901 (home)

The theme of the conference is: "Paths to Livable Communities: A Conference
on the DYnamics of Planning" and the cohousing section is described thusly:

"A panel of speakers will discuss the cohousing concept, including a review of
group process, site design, and the development process. Cohousing is a
neighborhood
design concept that emphasizes the creation of community through: cluster
development, common facilities, a pedestrian orientation, resident
participation in planning and management of the project, and consensus
decisionmaking."

They unfortunately cannot afford to pay airfare or lodging, so I guess
you'll just have to be passing through at the time. If you are interested,
call Grant at the above numbers, or leave me some email, and I'll pass on
your message.

Steve Farley
sfarley [at] igc.apc.org