Density vs. privacy
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 1995 15:07:05 -0500
Hi folks - here are some questions for those of you already living in
cohousing:

We here in Sonoma County have been doing some very preliminary site planning
workshops for a piece of land we don't even have yet (but really hope to).
 The issue of density has become suddenly hot.  What we'd love to hear from
as many of you as possible is:
*How many units do you have on how many acres?
*How close are the houses to each-other?
*How far is it from the farthest unit to the common house?
*What is the greatest distance between your two furthest-from-each-other
houses?
*Do you have porches and are they used for socializing? (or for storage!?)
*Do you suffer from too much community and wish for more privacy?  or
*Do you have too much privacy and wish you were closer together?
*Do you have a range of options for people that want to be close in in the
middle of things, and some units more private?
*If so, is that a problem?
Looking forward to hearing from many of you either on the list or by email.

Thanks, Marty Roberts, Santa Rosa, CA
**Had a very interesting dream last night where I was homeless and then
living in a community, but which was not exactly ideal.... all the beds were
in one room!!**