Re: cohousing v. other uses of your energy
From: Monty Berman (mbermanmailbox.syr.edu)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 14:09:58 -0600
Dear judith,
        I, too, responded to the question about personal energy into
CoHousing. What I want to respond to in your response is your phrase at
the end about "personal work." I think your reference to such work is
slanted differently than mine,
but working out things with the over 40 or so others in our project
over the four years or so of our co-creating the First Neighborhood in
EcoVillage at ithaca has been a crucible that has prompted, pushed, and
provided much in terms of my own personal work, that is, the work I have
needed to do on myself. I have, for the most part, hated every minute of
when I didn't get my way, didn't get the feedback I was looking for, had
to tolerate (barely!) what I didn't know how to influence---I could go on
but you get the idea. Yes, CoHousing as Vehicle for Personal (and
spiritual) Growth---that could well serve as the focus for a thesis.

Monty Berman, EcoVillage at Ithaca, First Resident Group