Re: Serious Food Growing
From: John Major (jmajormhz.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:17:06 -0500
Wasatch CoHousing will be putting in about 1/2 acre of garden, and
we'll be able to report in a year or so what we can get out of it,
here in the middle of the city - the intention is to work it pretty
intensely, but we'll have to see whether we can keep it up over the
years.

I'm impressed with what I can grow in my backyard plot here - the
clayish soil (bottom of Lake Bonneville) seems to be particularly
good for potatoes, beets and the like. Making the "desert bloom" 'n'
all that...

John Major
Wasatch CoHousing