Help with zoning for cohousing
From: BIGONY (BIGONYaol.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 16:38:02 -0600
Hi everyone,

The Suburban Boston Cohousing Group is close to coming under agreement on a
site in suburban Boston.  We have been having discussions with the town
planners and they are willing to write a zoning overlay specifically for
cohousing so that we can build our community there.  What I am looking for is
to see what other groups have worked with the towm they are in to rewrite the
zoning to accomodate cohousing.  I am aware that Pioneer Valley did this here
in Massachusetts and we are currently obtaining a copy of their town's bylaws.
We are hoping to give the planning board more examples of how such zoning has
been written.  If you know of any such zoning please let me know before
January 5, so that I may be able to get a copy of the zoning before we meet
with the board on January 12.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn Bigony
Suburban Boston Cohousing Group