Respond to List or Individual
From: Sharon Villines (SharonVillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:47:01 -0500
(1)  When someone asks a question, there are likely to be tens of dozens of
other people on the list who have the same question or who don't know enough
yet to ask the question. Responding to the list allows us to learn from a
dialogue that we wouldn't have the experience to initiate.

(2) If all the responses were off list, the list would only consist of
questions and no one would read it.

I subscribe to several lists and my criteria for on list or off list
fact--so and so is in Montana, or the dates are 3/4/99-3/10/99, I respond
off list. If it is an opinion or information that I am willing to share
privately but not sure I want to share to a public audience I respond off
list. Otherwise, on list.

Sharon Villines, Manhattan
Archives of Detective Fiction, http://www.fictionlibrary.org
Deadly Serious Press, http://www.deadlyserious.com