Seeking Federal Non-profit Information
From: Scott Bogard (sbogardumich.edu)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:53:37 -0600
Hello all,

Sunward Cohousing is in the process of applying for Federal Tax Exemption
using  Form 1024, "Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section
501(a)".  This form is complex and we could use some guidance on completing
it in as effective a manner as possible (we will seek the advice of a real
estate lawyer and CPA, but we're trying to save a little dinero by
completing the form ourselves-the application fee alone is $500).  Has any
other Cohousing group sought exemption using this form?  If so, do you mind
sharing your experience with us?  Please respond, in confidence, to me
directly either via e-mail (sbogard [at] umch.edu), fax (734-936-1068), phone
(734-936-1069) or at 424 Little Lake Rd #28, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.

Thanks,
Scott E. Bogard
Sunward Cohousing in Ann Arbor Michigan
sbogard [at] umich.edu