Seeking to attract households with children
From: Gloria Gordon (gcgordonworldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:16:09 -0600

--MS_Mac_OE_3003398486_227517_MIME_Part

Greetings -

Here in St Louis our Village in the City organizing group now has enough
committed households to secure an urban site that interests us, but we still
dont have among us any households with children still living at home. It is
important to us to be mult-generational.  We realize we are not alone with
this challenge for communities locating within cities, where public schools,
personal safety and green space are more of an issue than in the suburbs. We
expect to be within a mile of both Washington University and a major medical
center.

We would appreciate your advice, experiences, copies of articles you wrote
that attracted parents, talking points you have used successfully, promising
groups you have reached out to. Has anyone found that offering one or more
rental units helped to attract  young families?

Many thanks,

Gloria Gordon
Village in the City
St Louis MO

--MS_Mac_OE_3003398486_227517_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Seeking to attract households with children</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<TT>Greetings -<BR>
<BR>
Here in St Louis our Village in the City organizing group now has enough co=
mmitted households to secure an urban site that interests us, but we still d=
ont have among us any households with children still living at home. It is i=
mportant to us to be mult-generational.  We realize we are not alone with th=
is challenge for communities locating within cities, where public schools, p=
ersonal safety and green space are more of an issue than in the suburbs. We =
expect to be within a mile of both Washington University and a major medical=
 center.<BR>
<BR>
We would appreciate your advice, experiences, copies of articles you wrote =
that attracted parents, talking points you have used successfully, promising=
 groups you have reached out to. Has anyone found that offering one or more =
rental units helped to attract  young families?<BR>
<BR>
Many thanks,<BR>
<BR>
Gloria Gordon<BR>
Village in the City<BR>
St Louis MO<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
   </TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3003398486_227517_MIME_Part--