RE: Y2K & Cohousing
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousemail.msn.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:49:36 -0600
Here at Sharingwood we became our own food coop, and we are buying a
generator for our commonhouse.  Neither of these are specifically in
response to Y2K, but just one more step of being self reliant in a rural
environment where the power goes off regularily enough to be annoying but
not disasterous. Being our own food coop just means we all place a order
together to the food distributer and THEY deliver it on a pallet to our
commonhouse door, where we divy it all up. This saves 40-65% over retail,
and like I said, they deliver it right to the commonhouse, which saves
driving around as well.

There is nothing about Y2K to fear, but fear itself, which is substantial.
At the last millienium change over in 1000, quite a few folks were convinced
that the world would end and did some silly stuff, same as now.

If you are looking for a site, there will be some cheap rural land for sale
around May of 2000.

Rob2K Sandelin
Fully compliant for the millienium.