Re: We've bought land!
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:26:39 -0500
Dear Robin,
Congratulations!  Your land sounds perfect, lush with fruit from established
orchards, and located close to community services.  Your community mirrors
ours, Tierra Nueva in size as well as the fact that our land is an organic
avocado orchard.  Best of luck to you as you enter the wacky world (whirled)
of development, marketing and construction.

As a celebratory gesture when we finally got the deed to our land, we pitched
tents, built a campfire and spent the night out under the trees and the
stars.  For me, it was the truest way to connect with our land with grateful
hearts.  If it is springtime here, then it must be autumn there, right?
Hopefully the weather is mild enough still to have a campout on your new
land.  Enjoy!

Coheartedly,
Patty Mara Gourley
Tierra Nueva, on the central California coast, where the village green now
teems with children, teens and parents, because the  cedar play structure has
been assembled and "planted" to the delight of the kids in all of us.

Note:  after a 50th birthday campout a few weeks ago, where over 50 of my
coho family attended to help me celebrate, I have been "at large"
experiencing an extended retreat up in the redwoods near the Russian River
above Guerneville.  I recently returned to Tierra Nueva and was touched by
how good it felt to *come home* to my community.

It's all good.
  • We've bought land! Robin Allison, April 22 1999
    • Re: We've bought land! PattyMara, April 28 1999