Re: Cutting boards and vegetarians
From: Gretchen Westlight (grenagora.rdrop.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 06:57:34 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Hollie Butler from Trillium Hollow wrote:

> If utensils
> and boards are cleaned adequately (and in many cases people will need to be
> trained as to what is an "adequate cleaning")

So have any communities required residents who will cook to get their Food
Handler's Card (or whatever your state calls it)?  In Oregon, it's a
fairly easy thing to do, and the information is mostly what I would
consider common sense.  But, from experience in many areas of my life, I
know that what seems like "common sense" to me isn't necessarily common at
all (and vice versa, my husband would say ;-).

With alfalfa sprouts being the latest e. coli carrier, I'm more concerned
about this than ever.

Gretchen Westlight
Cascadia Commons
Portland, Oregon, USA