Re: Design Process & Cohousing Community
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 23:08:17 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 2/12/2000 4:13:53 PM, sharonvillines [at] prodigy.net writes:

<< 2. Why is the design process considered different from building community?

Good point, Sharon.  Design work doesn't begin and end with the houses; the
Common House needs design work, and so do the garden, childrens' play
area(s), back yards, common spaces and on and on.  And it doesn't end with
physical structures; we are also designing the way we will live together.
The learning experiences we got working together on designing our houses has
carried over into everything else.

You said it already; we are "building" communities.

        -Roger