making it easier
From: Victoria (victoriatrillium-hollow.org)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 00:04:28 -0700 (MST)
Neal says:
"As a tangential issue, I would like to see the development of a Cohousing
model that is more of a repeatable process and doesn't require 1-2 burning
souls and several hotplate souls (i.e. less than burning but still intensely
committed) for a group to succeed. I don't know what this model is, but I
bet
if one took the lessons learned for all the groups that have succeeded and
failed one would have a great starting point."

That's what I was trying to say too - that for cohousing to become more
common and help point society in a new direction it's going to have to get
EASIER to do.  Right now it's so hard, and it's heartbreaking to hear of the
plans of some falling through, after SO much work.

Rob says "Well just to play the other side of the idea, you could just build
spaces,
and let each individual do whatever they wanted in terms of finishing it
out. Seems like a lot of the passion goes into stuff like bathtubs,
kitchens, etc. So you build a shell and let people fill it in to their taste
and budget. The shell framework is the same, the plumbing is set, but the
cabinets, sink, faucets, bathtub, carpet type, paint, colors etc are chosen
by the owner."

That too is a good idea if it is doable in some way with mortgages.

Vicky Leary
Trillium Hollow
Portland, Oregon