"Weirdos"
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:36:18 -0700 (MST)
> At our information meetings we are often asked "What if some weirdo wants to
> join the group"?

I can't remember who on the list contributed this but the best response I've
heard to this question is that "weirdos" aren't attracted to cohousing
because

1) it requires too much personal responsibility and

2) the focus on process doesn't allow control by an individual.

The behaviors people usually consider "weird" are used to avoid personal
responsibility or to control everyone around them. When they don't work,
hese  people drift away after a few meetings.

Sharon Villines, Butler
The MacGuffin Guide to Mystery Fiction
http://www.macguffin.net
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington, DC
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~takomavillag/