Fw: Private Unit Design - a cost/benefit question
From: Lydia & Ray Ducharme (ducharm1cadvision.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:00:32 -0700 (MST)
When I called cohousing groups to ask about hiring architects with cohousing
expertise everyone said it was very important in the site and common house
planning and design phases.  More than one group got into trouble with cost
overruns and time delays in the unit design and cohousing experts were not
necessarily considered an asset in this regard.

Based on the feedback that we received we will recommend to the group that
we let the local architects handle the unit design and hopefully we can keep
our members out of it as much as possible.

Thanks very much for your feedback in this regard.

Lydia Ducharme (Miriam's sister)
WholeLife Housing
Calgary, Canada