Re: "Weirdos"
From: Eris Weaver (eriswco.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:14:08 -0700 (MST)
Matt wrote:

> Actually, I've been thinking about this from the other side.  Most of the
> cohousing groups I've corresponded with here in North America seem to have
> many of the stereotypical middle class, white collar predjudices and
> intolerance.  Since I'm a bit non-traditional, this worries me.

Hmmm, WHAT part of the country did you say you're from?!?  While our group
is currently all white and I suppose middle-class from an income point of
view, I haven't found it to be intolerant or prejudiced -- and I'm a
multiply-pierced, tattooed, pagan Lesbian bellydancer!  (AND our group uses
my home as the address for the group as I'm considered the "most stable"!)
Of course, we *are* in the San Francisco Bay area....

Eris Weaver                            eris [at] wco.com
"Let the beauty we love be what we do."
                         ---Mevlana Jelaladin Rumi