Re: fences - immediate concern
From: Larry Landrum (llandrumusit.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:04:39 -0700 (MST)
I believe my original point is correct, Patty doesn't acknowledge that not
all fences are equal.

A six foot wooden fence clearly reduces interaction.  Electronic dog fences
have minimal impact.  My point is that i wouod prefer to live in a world
where no one had a need for fences or other control or privacy factors.
(Windbreasks, a stricly architectual function escaped my notice and are a
perfectly good reason for fences with little or no pricacy, control
issues.)  But until we reach such an ideal world, fences do serve a
purpose.  I merely hope that we whould individually try to minimize their use.

I agree with Patty that her project's fence policy is excessive.  As a
Libertarian I strongly endorse her view: If its on private property, you
can do whatever you want (provided the effects are limited to that private
property), I simply hope that people will voluntarily choose not to fence
when that is an option.

Regreatably one of my future neighbors has already indicated that a
substantial privacy fnece will be needed for both of us to live in the same
community.  Since I want to share my community with that person, i am glad
that we will allow fences.