Innovative technologies & materials
From: vbradova (vbradovabestweb.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 11:02:29 -0600 (MDT)
I am wondering what the experience currently is with innovative stuff. What
are the latest innovations communities are trying out? How affordable and
successful
are the various novel things? I tend to jump on the bandwagon of newfangled
stuff only to find out that it has not been sufficiently tested or proven
practical.

For example, is non-toxic paint more available and affordable nowadays? Are
natural fiber carpets good quality and locally available? Last I looked, some
years back, natural paints had to be mail ordered and were more than twice the
cost of the conventional stuff. What about low toxicity particle board and
plywood?

Are heat pumps a good investment? Are people really doing permeable pavement?
Passive solar floors? Hydrogen fuel cells? Etc etc... Please write what your
community is considering or has tried already.

Thanks!

Vera, NY