Re: Involuntary Simplicity (was: Re: Resident Participation in
From: Daschal2 (Daschal2aol.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:22:27 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Howard,

Point well taken about parking spaces and involuntary simplicity.  I agree
with you on one hand, but I have another thought for you about housing
spaces.  Communities in our area seem to have the absolute hardest
time filling 4-bedroom units.  We personally would like to attract large
families, but at what cost?  Is it fair to plan to have larger units IF those
units may mean that the community has to cover the mortgages until
a suitably large family moves in??

To already built communities... How large is your community?
How many 4-bedrooms or larger?
Have you had problems selling them?

Thanks,
Marna
Equinox Cohousing, for Seattle's Eastside
We will soon be figuring out our mix of townhouses...