Innovative waste water treatment
From: vbradova (vbradovabestweb.net)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:41:09 -0600 (MDT)
I am wondering if any rural groups here have dealt with the waste water problem
in an innovative way. Our community will have some composting toilets, but most
of the houses will have low flush toilets, and what the heck do we do with the
effluent? Are marsh ecosystems really doable for a cohousing community? I would
love to think we could do this, but it sounds totally intimidating. Any success
stories out there, or have folks mostly chickened out and gone for septics?
Septics, you can ignore for years. How intensive is the maintenance for an
ecosystem
treatment site?

Vera