Re: Trex and others like it
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:56:08 -0600 (MDT)
In addition to the comments Rich made about Tierra Nueva's trex, I have one
more comment.  It is maintenance free, if left unstained.  Ours is weathering
to a sandy grey that I find just fine, especially since there will be no
need, ever, to paint it.  Trex can be stained or painted, but then you start
the maintenance cycle.

We used trex on our upstairs deck, since I have an aversion to buying
anything redwood, unless recycled or reused.  The boards had to be drilled
and screwed.  Recently another coho family built their deck with a new
product which has tongue in groove so that it can be put together securely.
It looks marvelous.

By the way, trex is more expensive to use than wood.  But I think it is well
worth it on many levels.

coheartedly,
Patty Mara
Tierra Nueva, Cen. CA Coast