Best size for Cohousing Community
From: Richard L. Kohlhaas (chanusa.net)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:44:49 -0600 (MDT)
We are still trying consense on the number of families we want.  The experience
of others would
be helpful.

Please respond to the list, since there are probably other new communities with
the same question.

1.  How many households are in your present community?  How did you decide upon
that number?

2.  What do you believe would be the optimal number of households for a
cohousing community?

Dick Kohlhaas <chan [at] usa.net>
Colorado Springs (Colorado) Cohousing Community
(Currently 17 intending owner families; we have an option on a 4.7 acre
property 1.5 miles from downtown,
where we plan to build 25-35 units. The site is now environmentally safe, and
we are starting the rezoning process.