Grease Traps
From: aamato (aamatoworldbank.org)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:22:01 -0600 (MDT)
Dearest Cohousing Comrades the world over,
I have a rather strange and esoteric inquiry that I hope someone out there can
help with.

Takoma Village Cohousing is in the middle of building its common house and in
designing at our kitchen, we are trying to keep away from any red flags from the
Health Dept. to try and makes us a commercial kitchen. Our builder thinks the
grease trap we have planned in the kitchen might set off an alarm with such
bureaucratic entities and we wondered if we could get away with not having one.
So the question is:

Do other Cohousing Common House kitchens have a grease trap?

We really only care whether you have one at all, or whether you think they
needed one afterall (include size of community and frequency of meals please).
You don't have to include any technical details.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Anna Amato
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC