Re: Questions about cohousing experiences with rentals
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:30:01 -0600 (MDT)
> The thing that is missing from our rental agreement is community overview of
> participation expectations. If I could be in charge of this, I would have a
> quarterly review of renters, and those that prove themselves to be not
> "vitally interested" in the community, would be given a notice and if their
> participation did not increase, would be given notice to leave.

On other occasions, you have been very cool to any attempts to measure work.
Why is  this different for renters?

And do you think the size of the community makes a difference in renters
being visible (or invisible). We have invisible renters but since I am so
unaware of them, it doesn't bother me. It does bother others. it would
bother me if they ate meals and hung out in the commonhouse. They don't.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org