Re: Food safety and hygiene in your common house kitchen
From: pattymara (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:32:07 -0600 (MDT)
Hi List,
I had to laugh when I read this:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:02:20 -0700 Elizabeth Stevenson
<tamgoddess [at] home.com> writes:
> There *is* one member here who licks her fingers all the time while
> she's
> cooking. I don't eat at her meals, and I won't cook with her. I
> still don't
> have the courage to tell her to knock it off, since very strong
> hints didn't
> work.

Tierra Nueva has one or two finger-lickers as well.  We also have a cook
who cuts up raw chicken on our butcher block island.  Multiple requests
to please not do it, use the special cutting board surface instead, have
not changed her behavior.  I don't sign up for her meals, and I make a
stealth run after dinner when the clean up crew is finished to see if
they bleached the butcher block.  If not, I spray it.  Just for my
personal gratification.

Patty Mara
Tierra Nueva, cen. CA coast