Food safety and hygiene in your common house kitchen
From: Grace Horowitz (gracebhearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:55:10 -0600 (MDT)
We are still in the process of setting up our common house kitchen here in
Takoma Village and are trying to figure out what practices to institute in
order to ensure good food safety and hygiene.

So here is a question for those of you who have ample experience in this
area. What practices have you required of your cooks and cleanup crews? Do
your members follow the rules instituted? Have any of your communities
required use of hair nets and rubber gloves by cooks? I believe that these
are standard practice in all commercial and institutional food service
establishments.

Thanks.
Grace

Grace Horowitz