Re: Build Boston, (was Re: [C-L]_Re:Promoting Cohousing to Developers [was INCREDIBLE East Bay Express article on coho])
From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:04:01 -0700 (MST)
Diane,

Where is this conference, and what's involved in attending?  If it's too
expensive, is there any way our group can get some marketing materials to
it?  (For me personally the timing is bad; I have a class in Harvard Square
at 5:30.)  Maybe we cansend some things with our architect, Nick Elton?

Thanks!

                                                -- Mabel :-)

Mabel Liang
mabel [at] twomeeps.com
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
North Cambridge, MA
www.cscoho.org
First move-ins later this month!
A couple of units left - one townhouse and either another townhouse or a
3-4 bedroom apartment

At 10:28 AM 2001-08-18 +0100, Diane Simpson wrote:
>In order to get an association of developers who understand cohousing we
>cohousers will have to go the extra mile to reach out to this audience.  To
>this end, I have organized a workshop at "Build Boston," THE construction
>industry trade show for the New England region. It is workshop #A60, "The
>Nuts & Bolts of Cohousing" and will feature cohousing professionals John
>Abrams, Chris Scotthanson, and Laura Fitch.  Date of the workshop is
>Tuesday November 13, at 4 p.m.  I am promoting this workshop in
>"Multifamiliy Trends," a publication of the Urban Land Institute, as well
>as "Fine Homebuilding."  These  ads cost a lot of money, but they are
>targeted toward the audience we need to reach.  I hope that in the future
>other cohousing groups might take it upon themselves to sponsor an event
>such as this one.
>
>--Diane Simpson(:^]
>
>>Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:04:33 -0400
>>Subject: Re: [C-L]_INCREDIBLE East Bay Express article on coho
>>From: Sharon Villines <sharonvillines [at] prodigy.net>
>>To: <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
>>
>>> Very good article, Raines. I think we *have* arrived at critical mass, as
>>> evidenced by the coverage on cohousing getting more and more accurate
every
>>> year.
>>
>>it was a wonderful article.
>>
>>Next we need an association of developers who understand cohousing....
>
>    @@                 coho [at] world.std.com                     @@
>   @@@@       Diane Simpson  http://jpcohousing.org          @@@@
>   |  | P.O.Box 420,Boston, MA, USA 02130-0004  617-524-6614 |  |
>   | V|        BOWDITCH LODGING HOUSE 82 GREEN ST.JP         |V |

Mabel Liang
mabel [at] twomeeps.com