Re: Kitchen equipment-oven and stove
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:46:01 -0700 (MST)
** Reply to note from Elizabeth Stevenson <tamgoddess [at] home.com> Wed, 14
Nov 2001 09:32:52 -0800
>From Racheli

My experience of cooking in the CH kitchen isn't
all that extensive (as yet:)) but here are my impressions
so far:
I'd rather have two smaller pots than one large one,
for the following reasons: 1-  If I use the largest pot,
it's kind of tall, and not so easy to reach in... 2-  The
amount of stuff ends up being so large, that mixing it
can be a little hard.  It seems easier to deal with smaller
quantities.  3-  Two pots lend themselves easily to introduction
of variations.  eg: Varying degrees of spiciness, or one
vegetarian and one not, and so on.

R.
PS I completely agree with the need to have good pots.
Some of ours have thin bottoms, and stuff burns much
too easily.  It drives me nuts!