Re: Mothering Magazine
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyaweathership.homeport.org)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:39:01 -0700 (MST)
Heylo,

> Catya, could you clarify a bit about "Mothering Magazine"?
> (The name is so generic Yahoo returns 13 web sites for
> mothering magazineS...)
>
> I suspect you ar refering to the magazine whose web site is:
> http://www.mothering.com .  Is that correct?

Yes, you found it.  Sorry about that! :)

> The offer for mutual PR sounds great but I felt the need to express a few
> small reservations and urge avoidance of the implication that cohousers
> endorse the editorial policy of this magazine (or most any other).

Well, my plan was to hand out the magazines saying something like "In
exchange for announcing our events, we've agreed to give any of you who
want one a copy of Mothering Magazine.  While we as a group certainly don't
have any official opinion on this magazine, I can tell you that most of the
parents in the group are subscribers, which will help give you a sense for
our group"

I'm typing that without having checked in with the group yet, of
course, but my guess is that our message to interested folks will look
something much like that.

I presume that other interested groups would say something similar when
giving them out.

        - catya
                              ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett      ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com           \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.homeport.org/~catya    \/       www.mosaic-commons.org