Re:[C-L]_Humour
From: Raines Cohen (raines-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:32:01 -0700 (MST)
aw_ch [at] ansae.co.uk (Andrew Watkins) wrote on 3/26/02 6:51 AM:

>Are there any cohousing jokes, cartoons or parodies ?

Last week at the 4th Avenue Street Fair in Tucson, which I visited while
at the TCN Board Face-to-Face gathering at Sonora Cohousing, I picked up
the following items, which are somewhat relevant, if not specifically
coho cartoons:

- A cartoon (matted) with one person telling another, "The only reason I
have a kitchen is because it came with the place!" Good for battling a
common misconception.

- A ceramic placque that I saw on at least one unit at Sonora, reading
"Mi Casa es Mi Casa" - a funny twist on the old "My house is your house"
saying.

- One booth at the fair had a variety of wall clocks with funny labels on
the hours mocking different professions / hobbies / personalities. I
thought it would be fun to have a Coho clock, perhaps with the hours
reading for groups in development:

1: Recruitment
2: Site Search
3: Site Control / Land Option
4: Feasibility Studies
5: Investment
6: Consensus
7: Design
8: Planning Approval
9: Construction
10: Construction Extended
11: Certificate of Occupancy
12: Move-in

and for groups living in coho:

1: Proposal
2: Meeting
3: Refer to Committee
4: Discussion
5: Clarifying Questions
6: Common Meal
7: Clean-up
8: Talking Circle
9: Conflict Resolution
10: Special Meeting
11: Stand Asides
12: Consensus

---
Other resources:

- The Cohousing store at www.cohousing.org still has for sale some
T-shirts and sweatshirts reading "Cohousers do it by Consensus".

- Last year at the North American Cohousing Conference in Berkeley
organized by TCN, the band Country Weather performed some satire songs
specifically based on coho life. The band includes a member at Berkeley
Cohousing, so there's a good chance they'll perform again at a regional
event. Copyright concerns over the songs being satirized are keeping them
from releasing even the lyrics, but I'll see what I can dig up.

Raines

P.S. Another take on it: How many cohousers does it take to change a
light bulb? None, the Cohousers burn out before the light bulb does.

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com/>

  Vice President, Swan's Market Cohousing [Old Oakland, CA]
Nice of my neighbors to save me last night's "Adventures in Pizza" common
dinner. Is that peanut butter I taste?

  Member, East Bay Cohousing [site searching] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Interested in new development around El Cerrito BART station.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Inspired by a visit to the Stone Curves coho site in Tucson,AZ.