RE: Planning the Agenda for the Meetings
From: Racheli Gai (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:33:01 -0600 (MDT)
>From Racheli at Sonora Cohousing, Tucson.

Hi Maggie,
It seems to me that one could delegate the role of agenda-maker to one or
two people even within the framework of straight-forward consensus, in the
same way that we delegate the role of being a treasurer to one person,
etc.
I'm from the same community as Becky Schaller, who posted the  question.
IMO we have an unusually large back-log of untended issues, because we
"inherited" lots of money from our profit and contingency. We established
a horribly cumbersome method of dealing with
the issue of what to do with all that money.  As a result, many other
issues haven't been addressed for too long, a cause for much stress and
conflict.
In a paradoxical way, we would have been better off if we were poorer...
(this is, of course, my opinion - which probably isn't shared by many).

R.