Re: Planning the Agenda for the Meetings
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsgnewview.org)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:33:22 -0600 (MDT)
During our development phase, agenda planning was done by a subset of the
steering committee, usually 2-3 people. We usually did this via phone for
about 30 minutes. We usually had time for every proposed topic, or it was
easy to prioritize. These were usually easy planning meetings

If we were light on agenda items, or if there was a pressing item that
needed discussion but no decision, we would structure in time for that.
Later, we had a process committee that designed some of the more elaborate
communications-not-decisions part of our meetings -- with small group
discussions, exercises, different ways of processing information (drawing,
talking, writing).

Now that we are moved in, and general meeetings have cooled off (from one
every 10 days to 1 / month), the steering committee puts together the agenda
in a short 30 minute meeting right before the general meeting, based on
whatever proposals have been circulated to the group from committees, plus
discussion/communication agenda items for items that the steering committee
figure need to get aired (we usually derive our clues by looking over the
community-wide email stream, and seeing what's hot).

Some of our meetings have been challenging, but the agenda planning has gone
fine.

-Jim

Jim Snyder-Grant
jimsg [at] newview.org