Point Person for Maintenance
From: pattymara (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 20:54:21 -0600 (MDT)
On Thu, 23 May 2002 14:08:24 EDT MWorswick [at] aol.com writes:
 > Resident of Harmony Village - where after 5 years, we are switching
> from a
> "team" structure of community maintenance to a "point person"
> structure, in
> the hopes of getting things done more efficiently.

OK, Matt, I'll bite.  Please describe your point person structure for
community maintenance.

At Tierra Nueva, we do have a landscape manager (a resident, paid for 15
hours per week, who coordinates the maintenance volunteers).  Both of our
Common House manager and Comida Nueva (meals/kitchen) manager are
volunteers.

At our last business meeting we decided have volunteers adopt an
appliance.  Now, we have one person taking care of the hobart dishwasher,
one person who adopted the copy machine, one who adopted the wolf
stove/oven.  These folks deal with the repairmen, the warranty
information and the regular maintenance schedules.

Is this what you mean by point person structure?

coheartedly,
Patty Mara
Tierra Nueva, cen. CA coast