Keeping Track of Common Meals
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:22:01 -0600 (MDT)
This fall we will have been eating common meals in the common house for one
year.  YEAH!  The way our system works is for every four times an adult or
adult guest in your household eats, then one person needs to sign up to cook
or  clean up.  The question is, How do we keep track of this?  We could have
one person keep track of it and issue periodic reports to everyone.  We
could let everyone keep track of it themselves on the honor system.  We've
also talked about having some kind of system which people would keep track
of in a notebook kept in the kitchen. They could then double check this
notebook themselves to see if they've forgotten to mark whether or not
they've marked down that they've eaten.

My question is, How do other communities keep track of how often people eat
and work?  Is it the honor system or some other system?

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona