Re: Marketing Survey
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 06:58:01 -0600 (MDT)
on 10/10/2002 9:31 AM, Diane Simpson at coho [at] theworld.com wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I am doing a survey to find out what is your marketing budget and process.
> Is marketing administered by the membership committee or the business
> committee?
> Or is it it's own entity?
> What has been your most successful marketing venture to date?
> Least successful marketing venture to date?

(1) Have agreement in the group about the marketing message -- content and
appearance. This is (or can be or should be) the beginning of working with
consensus and defining who you are or who you want to be.

(2) Flyers work best. They don't have to be fancy -- computer generated or
photocopied with a clear short message about what cohousing is, address of
the cohousing website, a word about its international presence, a contact
number, and a meeting date(s).

A lot of money is not necessary. The usual real estate ads do not work (or
seem not to have) and are expensive. Friends of friends are your best
source. This includes others who shop where you do, who go to school where
you do, who know your kids, who go to the same chiropractor, whatever.

Save your money for actual building.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org