Common House Sound Proofing
From: Gary Kent (garykentuniserve.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:17:04 -0600 (MDT)
We are in the final, exciting stage of designing our common house. The
ceiling in the dining room will be quite high (15-18 ft.) and there will be
no carpeting. Conventional ceiling tiles do not appeal to us and have heard
there are other material options that work quite well. Have checked the
archives and there is some pretty good information but could not locate very
much about materials that can be used at the building stage.

Like the idea of controlling the noise at source and that is something we
shall address in some form. The idea of using a bell at each table to remind
folks that the noise level is rising sounds good, as does a centreing
exercise at the beginning of each meal.

However....some material suggestions would be much appreciated.

Gary Kent
Roberts Creek Cohousing
Roberts Creek, BC
www.cohousing.ca/robertscreek