Re: San Diego/Southern California CoHousing
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:26:01 -0700 (MST)
On 11/12/02 12:35 AM, Alex Hempton < alexhempton [at] mac.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know of any cohousing developments/projects in Southern
>California??

I just this past weekend had a visit here at Swan's from the organizer of
the San Diego cohousing council, an umbrella group just getting off the
ground, seeking advice on how to avoid reinventing the wheel; she's
looking into possibly organizing a chapter of The Cohousing Network, or
at least working with TCN to use our national database of thousands of
people interested in Cohousing.

Don't be too fast to say "[Coho] can't happen here" about "conversative"
locales/regions such as Southern California; in such places, people who
want to live in community may be more driven than elsewhere. And keep in
mind that the SD area includes several major college towns. And don't
forget: the market for coho in that area is not just local; it's a
popular retirement destination as well!

She wasn't quite ready to post her contact info, be listed on TCN's
master list directory of coho groups, etc. But she'll certainly post info
here when meetings are getting going!

Raines

(who also just had a visit from an organizer of coho in Homer, Alaska)

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Where a beautiful 2BR unit is indeed available for sale - see website.

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Where lots of discussion groups around Community are forming.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Where else can you get a "Cohousing Chef du Jour" apron?