Re: Development Financial Structure
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:13:02 -0700 (MST)
On 11/19/02 10:24 AM, Racheli Gai < jnpalme [at] attglobal.net> wrote:

>I have to say that for me, too, the idea that people are
>required to put up a significant amount of money after
>only 3 meetings sounds bad.

But that's just a question of joint investment. They can choose to wait
and take their chances on getting a spot later, or of losing the benefits
of that investment. Or they could just treat it as an investment and get
their return later without moving in. Is it transferable? Refundable,
once other funds are brought in? If so, I don't see the problem. It's
about moving fast to take advantage of an opportunity and reduce costs;
look at all the successful retro communities that came together without
doing any building beforehand and THEN get to work on decisionmaking, CH
space creation, creating community... without all the upfront expense and
delay. Opportunities for it are rare, but you can certainly see the
appeal!

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Where we dressed in black Saturday night to attend my neighbor Jeanne's
"tread-warming party" to celebrate the installation of her elegant
glass-stepped spiral staircase to her loft!

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Who is interested in Fremont Cohousing and connecting 'em up.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Bringing Cohousing to a major public TV show near you! Details soon.