Re: Fifty Plus Cohousing-(OT?)
From: JoycePlath (JoycePlathaol.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:25:01 -0700 (MST)
Having read this tread for a few days I would like to share that the first
time, actually only time I can recall, that I have felt definite age
discrimination has been in my Cohousing community.  People in their forties
here have been explicit in not wanting any more members who are over fifty.
The comment is something about needing more young people with great energy.
It is hard for me to describe the exact vibe but it is definitely there, a
disrespect and slight contempt.  I was never really aware of pushing sixty
until I moved in here and began to understand that some folks here thought I
was no such a valuable community member just because of age.
Joyce