Re: Fifty Plus Cohousing + ?
From: Chris (chris-cohousingrandomcamel.net)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:37:01 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 05:19:22PM -0700, racheli [at] sonoracohousing.com
said:

> I guess it's very easy to see children as a form of
> pests if one doesn't enjoy them.  I'm definitly in favor
> of people who are hostile to children to go live
> in their own ghettoized society/village/cohousing, whatever.
>  I don't think it's healthy for kids to encounter such hostility;  it
> doesn't help the parents, and it sure isn't good for the people who store
> up so much resentment over all the conveniences
> they are missing on.

it's not necessarily hostility, and that's kind of an adversarial term. as
Sharon said--I've met plenty of people outside of cohousing who feel this
way--one time around with kids can be enough for some people. they may
enjoy children, but with the kids grown and out of the house, their lives
are just in a different place now.

I've met these people throughout my life, including as a child, and I've
no scars from it. they were wonderful people with nothing against kids;
but they weren't going to volunteer to babysit, either. :-)

Chris

Chris Doherty
chris [at] randomcamel.net

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat
all our provisions now, so we won't have so much to carry."
               -- A. A. Milne