How many pre-sales can we expect?
From: Bruce Hecht (brucehepeak.org)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:11:01 -0700 (MST)
I am reposting because I forgot to add a subject?

Our cohousing group (CoHo) is preparing to create a partnership with our
local non-profit low income housing organization, let?s call it Neighborhood
Housing (NH).  Together we would acquire a piece of land that is owned by
our county government and develop it. NH brings to the table, its experience
as a developer, its financing expertise and ability to access low income
housing funds, its ability to acquire the property directly from a
government agency at a very low price, and its reputation as a successful
low income housing developer. We bring buyers, both market rate and low
income and a group of people who want to develop an alternative housing
model (cohousing) for our community. NH is very excited about working with
us and creating a mixed-income cohousing project.

We need to project how many buyers we can deliver to the project at various
stages of development. Historically, what percentage of buyers commits after
a site has been locked in? What percentage after a conceptual design has
been developed? The list archives say you can?t get buyers until you have
something physical to show them, but we can?t move forward until we can show
our partner that we can bring them buyers. Any thoughts?