Re: Sociocracy and Consensus
From: Alan Bleier (alanbecovillage.ithaca.ny.us)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:04:04 -0700 (MST)
Hi Sharon,

I think it's great that you are working on a cohousing-specific vocubulary
for sociocracy.  I started in on the Yahoo sociocracy group a long time ago
but was having some technical problems with email at the time, and never got
caught up.

One thing I wanted to remind you about is the existence of
multiple-neighborhood cohousing villages.  I live in one, the Ithaca
Ecovillage.  We have about half of the second neighborhood built, with about
9 families moved into it.  Also as you know, the Ecovillage of Loudon County
is planning to be one.

I think sociocracy circles are a good fit, with one circle per neighborhood
and a circle for the village.  I agree that getting people who are
accustomed to consensus by everyone to have open elections sounds scary.
But when we get to have 3 neighborhoods here I think it will become clear we
need something like that.

Thanks,

Alan