Re: meat at every meal or not
From: Elaine (itchyinkspiritone.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:16:11 -0600 (MDT)
I'm new to working meals in my community but this is a big source of
frustration for some people here. Plus we have to cook an extra meal for our
picky kids. We must cook for the following restrictions: meat, red meat,
dairy and wheat. I don't eat soy myself. Our two vegans rarely show up to
eat because it seems meals are rarely vegan. Meat meals seem to disappear
the fastest. I made a taco bar for my first meal, offering turkey and tofu
fillings. Other people do potato or pasta bars. Others just cook poultry for
the entree and let the veggies have side dishes. I don't like vegan or some
veggie meals because they are quite starchy. But i figure since it's only
twice a week i can survive a less-than-ideal meal and enjoy good company. If
it were five times a week i would get pickier. I think the fact that you do
five meals a week is amazing! Sorry, i don't think i answered your question
very well.
Elaine
Cascadia, Portland oregon