Re: Should individual "sponsorship" be allowed of community property?
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:02:07 -0600 (MDT)
We've used private donations to fund numerous projects without any ill
effects, IMHO.  Most of the privately funded projects have been "luxuries"
such as the CH sound system, home theater, exercise equipment, ping pong
table, etc.

If the community wants something and someone is willing to pay for it, that
seems to benefit the community even if it might not be the community's top
priority.

Some people have more time to give; some people have more money to give.
People with time to give, give it towards where they feel drawn.  Why not
the same for money donations?  I think the only problem would be if someone
wanted to spend money for something the community might not want -- a
trampoline, for instance.

My 2¢ worth,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Have the gumption to live differently AND the sense to let everyone else
live differently."