Myers Briggs
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:13:18 -0700 (MST)

Myers Briggs is the best tool I've found to understanding myself and other people -- especially myself. Each personality type has a different predilection and has to produce change in their own way. The MB types are so accurate in explaining these and are "the most bang for the buck". Just understanding the ways in which we see the world, I think would be most helpful in actually bringing about understanding. Personally, understanding produces more change faster than anything else but that is my type INTP

The Kersey interpretation of the Meyers Briggs profiles at http:www.advisorteam.com is an excellent and convenient introduction. You can take the test online for about $15 and get a lengthy report that not only explains the types but shows you graphs of where you are compared to others in the world. It is also interesting that some dimensions are bell curves and some are camel's humps. Some have equal sized humps on either side of the middle, and some have higher humps on one side. Many more people are Sensation oriented than Intuition oriented, for example, but a more equal number are either Introverted or Extroverted with a large number who can go either way depending on the circumstances. The graph looks like one hump with a light dent in the top. A huge preponderance are Feeling compared to Thinking. Between Perception and Judgment, far more are comfortable with judging than perceiving.

If we had Myers Briggs training, I think it would go a long way toward helping us understand our differences. Have I been able to convince my community? Of course not.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC